By Kate Wood and Alastair StewartRead moreAlastair, a 25-year-old food security worker from Manchester, said he had used a milk thimble at work for years.
“I don’t want to be rude, but I’ve used it for years,” he said.
“I was just like, I just think it’s the best thing in the world.”
But a few weeks ago I noticed I had to wash my hands after using it.
“When I did, I had a red stain on my fingers, but nothing to worry about.”
He also noticed his skin had a dark, milky residue on his hands.
“My hands looked a little bit dirty.
It was almost like they were smeared,” he explained.
He has now tried using the same thimble for a month and said he has noticed a change in the smell.
“It’s a bit of a bitching-inducing thing,” he added.
“Sometimes I have a little more milk, but not as much as I used to.”
As I said, I don’t have any allergies.
If anyone has any allergies, then please let me know.